The advanced chainsaw workshop is for experienced sawyers and teaches how to approach more complex sawing scenarios including:
• multiple comingled blowdowns
• hung up trees
• blowdowns on steep slopes
Note: The light weight rigging class is a prerequisite.
Time: One day. All outside
Facilities and site features needed: Outdoor area with trees in which to work. PPE* and saw gear for the crew.
Class size: Up to eight
PPE required for chainsaw classes:
• hearing protection
• ANZI Z87 rated safety glasses
• chainsaw chaps
• work gloves with dexterity
• boot requirements that meet land manager standards for chainsaw operations (example: steel toe, 8” leather, etc.)